Yes, our products are of food origin and are absolutely fine to be taken overseas. Usually when traveling you are only asked to declare open or fresh fruit and vegetables, however, if you are asked to declare all food then you should of course declare your Eimele products for their routine inspection.
This comes back to the fact that fibre keeps you fuller for longer and will help reduce food cravings - thus a high fibre diet can makes it easier to lose weight.
We use unrefined carbohydrates from plant-based foods in our formulation to achieve 50% Carbohydrate breakdown. This is food in its natural or unprocessed state and is not stripped of certain nutrients which include unrefined whole grains, non-starchy vegetables, legumes and nuts.
If you are following the:
- Eimele 14 Day Rapid Program you can expect to see a weight reduction of 2-4 kg in 14 days.
- Eimele 14 Day Moderate Program you can expect to see a weight reduction of 1 - 3 kg in 14 days.
- Eimele Monthly Weight Management Program you can expect to see a weight reduction of 1-3 kg in 28 days.
This is in alignment with our recommended 25% Calorie Deficit. However we do not recommend the Eimele 14 Day Rapid Program to be consumed consecutively.
Obviously, any increase in exercise above your starting point, will place you in a larger caloric deficit and will promote further weight loss. We believe this is a healthy, sustainable and scientific way to lose weight without depleting your body of the vital nutrition it needs.
How can I calculate the amount of calories I should consume per day?
Your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is made up of your Basal Metabolic Rate (Gender, height, weight) and your Daily Activity Level. Use our purpose-built TDEE Calculator on the Eimele website to calculate your personal TDEE and your customised Daily Calorie Intake Goal. Your Daily Calorie Intake Goal is your TDEE minus our recommended 25% calorie deficit. This will provide you with the number of calories to consume daily for healthy, sustainable weight loss.
You can weigh yourself daily but we recommend you weigh yourself once a week as your weight can fluctuate very easily within hours and days from excess water retention, how active you may have been that day. If you do weigh yourself daily we advise to look at your weekly weight loss trend.
A plant based diet is completely safe, besides Vitamin B12 (which can be supplemented with a Cyanocobalamin spray), you can get every macronutrient and micronutrient safely from eating a wholefood plant-based diet unless you have a certain illness/disorder which prevents you from eating certain food groups or absorbing certain nutrients well.
Plant-Based Athletes and Advocates:
- Sjana Elise (Yoga & Wellness Advocate): “I eat an abundance of whole foods. We are living organisms, therefore to thrive we need to fuel ourselves with other living cells - mostly plant-based whole foods. Food that is as natural and unprocessed as possible.”(2)
- Rich Roll (Athlete): “ As long as you’re eating whole foods in their natural state, you;ll be able to fill yourself up. You can fill your stomach and feel satiated without eating the refined grains and sugary things that tend to pack the extra kilograms on.”(3)
- Alana Blanchard (Professional Surfer): “I love health food and stick to a plant-based diet. I have learnt that I feel so much better when I eat lean, clean foods”(4)
Plant-based - means food that comes from plants that do not contain animal ingredients such as meat, milk, eggs or honey.
A wholefood plant-based diet allows you to meet your nutritional needs by only consuming natural, minimally processed foods where none of the ingredients are derived from animals.
- In this modern world we are overfed but undernourished. Eating too many calories from foods that are not nutrient dense. These nutritional deficiencies directly affect our metabolism.
- Specifically B vitamins, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Vitamin D have all been shown to help control blood sugar, reduce inflammation and encourage improved metabolism/energy production and less fat storage.
- 9/10 people are deficient in Omega-3 fat which are important in controlling blood sugar levels. Foods that contain Omega-3 fats include: Chia Seeds, Brussel Sprouts, Hemp Seeds, Walnuts and Flaxseeds. Omega-3 plays a vital role in maintaining heart health and can help the cholesterol balance in your blood.(5)
- Nutritional deficiencies increase food cravings - your body is essentially going into survival mode in order to get the nutrients it needs and when this happens the body switches from one optimised for weight loss/maintenance to a body optimised for fat storage and weight gain.
- In comparison to processed foods our products are derived from wholefoods.
- This means they are high in dietary fibre, plant protein, unrefined carbohydrates and an abundance of micronutrients.
- Dietary fibre and plant protein lowers sugar cravings and keeps you fuller for longer.
- Unrefined carbohydrates are slowly released into the blood compared with refined sugars which cause blood sugar spikes and the subsequent 'crash' where you start craving food and are more likely to binge eat (vicious cycle of over consuming nutrient poor refined foods)
Together Complete Nutrition from wholefoods promote a metabolic state optimal for fat burning and weight loss rather than fat storage and weight gain.