Recipe: Go-Green Hemp and Coconut Protein BallsAugust 21, 2023
We’ve all been there – it’s 3p.m. and you still have mountains of work to do but your motivation has left the building. Another coffee? Maybe a chocolate bar? Then you somehow feel worse. When it comes to afternoon snacks, the best choice you can make is something with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. That’s where these protein balls can save the day (or afternoon, as the case may be). Make these at the beginning of the week and they’ll power you through with energy to spare.
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Shine Greens sachet
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Set aside a couple of tablespoons of desiccated coconut, sesame seeds or matcha powder to roll the balls in.
- In a food processor add almond meal, dates, desiccated coconut, hemp, chia and sesame seeds, salt, and coconut oil.
- Pulse a couple of times and then process on high until a soft dough forms.
- Add Shine Greens and matcha and pulse a few more times until combined. Taste test and include more matcha for a stronger green tea flavour.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out mixture into hands and roll into balls. Optionally, roll each ball in coconut, sesame seeds, or matcha powder (or a combo!).
- Transfer balls to an airtight container and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. Enjoy with a matcha latte or a cold glass of Shine Greens for a highly nutritious afternoon snack that hits the spot. Keep refrigerated.