Recipe: Taiwanese Soba NoodlesJuly 31, 2023
There’s a reason why cold noodles are such a popular dish these days – packed with flavour, easy to make and they’re the perfect packed lunch for days where a salad just won’t cut it. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out on a nutritious lunch – this recipe is high in protein and fresh veggies. With the addition of Shine Greens in the perfectly umami dressing, you’ll have plenty of energy for those afternoon meetings and deadlines.
- 1 pack soba noodles, cooked to packet instructions
- 1 cucumber cut into batons
- 2 eggs
- 200g of organic firm tofu (optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sliced spring onions
- Chilli flakes
- Bean sprouts
- Fresh coriander leaves
- While the cooked noodles cool down, make the sauce by whisking all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Cube tofu and pat dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel. Add to a hot frying pan with 1 tsp of olive oil and cook until golden brown on all sides. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add the remaining olive oil. Whisk eggs together with a tbsp of water and pour into the frying pan.
- Allow the egg to cook through like an omelette. Making small holes with a spatula will help make it easier to flip. Flip the egg and cook on the other side.
- Remove the egg onto a chopping board, roll it up and with a sharp knife thinly slice it.
- Serve the noodles in bowls and drizzle the sauce over, tossing to coat.
- Add sliced cucumber, egg, and tofu (if using).
- Add optional toppings of your choice and enjoy!